But if you're not a soldier and if you don't work for a counterterrorist organization, what can you do? There are a surprising number of practical, effective actions you can take right where you are, and we will keep adding to the list below as we discover more. Each of the actions is linked to an article explaining more about it:
1. Join ACT! for America and participate. AFA is a large and fast-growing organization aimed at stopping the Islamization of America. In this fight, whoever is most organized will win. AFA is opening up in other countries too. Check it out. They provide action alerts for specific actions to take — at the local level and also the national level — that stops creeping Sharia in America.
2. Read the Koran. By reading the Koran, you'll understand the situation more clearly and you'll be able to speak with authority to others.
3. Help women everywhere gain basic human rights by chiming for change. Or participate in the Girl Effect.
4. Help neutralize the apologists for Islam at Voice for the Voiceless.
5. Share online articles, but skillfully.
6. Use this very informative and economical leaflet to help educate your fellow non-Muslims about Islam.
7. Educate your family and friends about Islam on Facebook.
8. Educate and motivate the public using FaceBook.
9. Join groups on Facebook that raise awareness of Islam-related issues.
10. Use Yahoo Answers to educate your fellow non-Muslims about Islam.
11. Stop burning gasoline in your car. You can either buy a flex-fuel vehicle and burn ethanol, or you can add a conversion kit to the car you already have, or you can just burn ethanol in your car (see more about that here). This is a vital, urgent task that could have enormous ramifications. To buy gasoline is to pay the jizya.
12. Talk to your friends about jihad. (It will help to study the Citizen Warrior's manual.)
13. Share online videos. This page has an updated list of recommended videos. If you know of one not on the list, please add it.
14. Create a counterjihad page on Facebook. Here's how to do it and why.
15. Sign a petition right now that urges our politicians to stop Muslim immigration.
16. Share the site, An Inquiry Into Islam with others.
17. Support the Honor Killing Awareness Campaign.
18. Participate in the "Stop the Jihad on Campus" annual events.
19. Educate high school students about Islam. Do what these innovative activists did.
20. Promote the resources on this list by making comments on blogs, web sites, Facebook pages, Yahoo Answers, etc.
21. Tell others about this list. Share the domain name, WhatYouCanDoAboutIslam.com (which goes to this page).
22. Help and support the Mapping Sharia Project.
23. Try some glamourbombing.
24. Submit story ideas to reporters and news outlets.
25. Help support Citizen Warrior.
26. Share DVDs with your friends.
27. Give one of these handouts to people.
28. Man a booth at a fair like these folks do to educate passersby.
Don't try to do all of these. You've got to be smart about this, and that includes keeping your motivation level high, getting enough sleep, and having a life. Feeling overwhelmed by things that must be done is not good for your motivation and it can impair your ability to persist.
So choose one or two of these things that most interest you, and get to work on it. You can always come back to this list later if you want to do more.
Also, I urge you to share this list with people who want to do something but don't know what. Let's defeat Islam's relentless encroachment with our effective actions.
When you find new things that are not on this list, would you please take a moment and share it with us in the comments? Or email them to us and we'll post them for you (anonymously if you like).