|Steve Amundson, president of CJC|
When Chris sent us the article, he added, "We had an interesting encounter on the 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica Saturday night. A pro-Islam group set up a table right between the Counter Jihad Coalition table and a table set up by a Christian street evangelist, Louis Lionheart. The people behind the table were not bearded or wearing thobes, as the Islamic dawa folks usually are. Their message was 'coexist,' but there was also an anti-Zionist spin to their materials as well. In an 'open mic' session I read several passages from Reliance of the Traveller to demonstrate that there is no equality in Islam. The moderator, 'Mecca Mona,' claimed that she had never heard of Reliance of the Traveller. End of conversation."
Here is the article by Chris:
After bombing Pearl Harbor in 1941, Japan created “Tokyo Rose” to undermine American soldiers’ morale by giving them false information about the war effort. Now, after the Islamic terror attack on New York and Washington on September 11, 2001, local Muslims have created their own charming “Mecca Mona” to provide shoppers on Santa Monica’s Third Street Promenade false information about Islam.
Charming “Mecca Mona” set up her information table, complete with a handsome, muscular bodyguard wearing an Abercrombie and Fitch T-shirt and a bearded wali (guardian) stage-managing the whole operation from a safe distance right between the Counter Jihad Coalition table and the table set up by the Christian street evangelist, Louis Lionheart.
The problem is that most of her “information” was false or misleading, beginning with the headline. Islam wants Americans to be tolerant of Muslims, but Islam is the most intolerant religion in the world. In 1991, the Muslim Brotherhood developed a 10-Year Plan of action called “An Explanatory Memorandum On the General Strategic Goal for the [Muslim Brotherhood] Group In North America” which stated that their mission for America was “a kind of grand Jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and ‘sabotaging’ its miserable house by their hands and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated and Allah's religion is made victorious over all other religions.” In 1996, Omar Ahmad the founder of CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations said, "Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith, but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth."
“Mecca Mona’s” poster makes a number of false statements about Islam, seven of which are listed below. We will take each statement from her poster (in bold below) and then show how those statements are contradicted usually by the Quran itself.
1. All are treated equally in Islam.
- Men are superior to women – Surah 4:34 and Surah 2:228
- Males inherit twice what women inherit – Surah 4:11
- A male’s testimony is twice that of a woman – Surah 2:282
- Unbelievers are the basest of creatures – Surah 8:56
2. Islam teaches acceptance and not intolerance.
- “He that chooses a religion other than Islam, it will not be accepted from him and in the world to come he will be one of the lost.” - Surah 3:85
- Followers of Muhammad are described as “ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another” – Surah 48:29
- The full quote of the Arabic text of Surah 109 on “Mecca Mona’s” poster “lakom deenakom wlya deen” is “I don’t worship what you worship, nor do you worship what I worship. I shall never worship what you worship, nor will you worship what I worship. You have your own religion, and I have mine.”
The context of the quotation above is important for understanding Islam’s intolerance:
According to Muslim chronicler Baihaki in “Proof of Prophecy,” Muhammad has been insulting the Gods of the Ancient Arabs in Mecca for years. His disciple, Amru ibn al-Aas, testified about the Quraysh leaders’ discussion about Muhammad one day: “Never have we had to tolerate from anyone what we have had to tolerate from this man. He slanders our fathers, criticizes our religions and divides our people, and blasphemes our gods. Such grievous things have we tolerated from this man…” The Prophet who was nearby and hearing this conversation, he responded, “Men of Quraysh! I will surely repay you for this with interest.” Finally, the elders of the Qurash decided to talk with him. In trying to prevent Muhammad’s insults, the Quraysh sat with him in their sacred shrine of Ka’ba in 615 and requested him to desist from reviling and speaking evilly of their Gods. They offered to worship his God for one year, if Muhammad would reciprocate by worshipping theirs for the same period. Can you imagine something more tolerant than this offer? And what did Muhammad answer? In rejection, he responded with Surah 109, quoted above. And he went on slandering the gods worshipped by other people until one day the Quraysh got sick of this and decided to arrest and judge him. When he learned about this, he fled from Mecca to Medina.
3. Islam is an Abrahamic religion, same as Judaism and Christianity.
- Muslims are commanded not to take Jews or Christians as friends – Surah 5:51
- The Koran claims that Jews are descendants of apes and swine -- Surah 2:65 and 5:60
- The Koran denies the three principal tenants of Christianity – that Jesus was the son of God (Surah 19:35), that Jesus was Crucified (Surah 4:157), that Jesus was resurrected (Surah 4:158).
- The one aspect of Abraham that Islam rejects was his forgiving his father for not being a Muslim. -- Surah 60:4
4. One’s belief in Islam is incomplete without the Torah, Bible, and Quran.
- Possessing a Bible is forbidden in the following countries according to Gideon’s International: Afghanistan, Algeria, China (People's Republic), Comoros, Djibouti, Iran, Iraq, Libya, Maldives, Mauritania, Morocco, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Yemen. All but two countries on the list are Muslim majority countries. Saudi Arabia has imposed the death penalty on anyone importing Bibles.
5. Islam upholds the utmost respect for women.
- Muslim men are commanded to beat their wives – Surah 4:34
- Muslim men may marry up to four wives – Surah 4:3
- Muslim men may marry prepubescent girls – implied by Surah 65:4
- “Women are your fields: go, then, into your fields whence you please.” – Surah 2:223
6. Some of the world’s most significant scientists and doctors that molded our understanding of matters till this day were Muslims.
- The Koran says the sun sets in a pool of black mud – Surah 18:84
- The Koran implies that babies are formed from a clot of blood – Surahs 23:12 and 75:38
- The Muslim lunar calendar is 11 days short of an actual year, and using a solar calendar is a “grossly impious practice in which the unbelievers are misguided.” -- Surah 9:37
- Eight hundred Nobel Prizes have been awarded to individuals since 1895. Muslims, who represent 23 percent of the world’s population, have been awarded only 1.4 percent of the awards.
7. Muhammad was ranked in 1992 by Michael Hart as the most influential person in history.
- The ranking said nothing about Muhammad’s character, as other high-ranking historical figures were Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin
- In 2013, Time Magazine ranked Jesus as the most significant figure in history. Other web surveys with Jesus ranked #1 include Listabuzz, thetoptens, and ranker.
A handout offered by “Mecca Mona” claims that the Islamic faith has been unfairly stigmatized by the extremely polarized media. “[T]he actions of certain extremist individuals taken out of context do not reflect upon the beliefs and ethical views of a nation.” Apparently, the Muslim Brotherhood and the Islamic State don’t represent Islam in her view. She urges people to refer to original primary sources. A handy source for the Quran is: https://puneymir.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/pdf147.pdf
We also urge people to read the Quran for themselves and confirm that “Mecca Mona’s” entire presentation is made up of lies, lies, beautiful lies.